Elisabeth Jaquette has contributed translations to The New York Times, The Washington Post, the Guardian, Amnesty International, Index on Censorship, PEN World Voices Festival, Institute for Palestine Studies, Arab Reform Initiative, Palestine Festival of Literature, VICE News, and Industry Arabic, among other organizations.
Her first novel-length translation is The Queue by Basma Abdel Aziz (Melville House, 2016), which received an English PEN Translates Award and was longlisted for the Best Translated Book Award. In 2017 she received a PEN/Heim Translation Grant for her translation of Thirteen Months of Sunrise by Rania Mamoun.
- Calligraphies of Love by Hassan Massoudy, with Sophie Lewis (Saqi, 2017).
- The Queue by Basma Abdel Aziz (Melville House, 2016).
- Forthcoming: The Apartment in Bab el-Louk by Donia Maher, illustrated by Ganzeer and Ahmed Nady (Darf Publishers, 2017).
- Forthcoming: Suslov's Daughter by Habib Abdulrab Sarori (Darf Publishers, 2017).
- 'The Corporal' by Ali Bader in Iraq + 100 (Comma Press, 2016).
- 'Passing' by Rania Mamoun in The Book of Khartoum (Comma Press, 2016).
- 'When Ideas Fall in Line' by Asmaa Al Ghul in Life from Elsewhere (Pushkin Press, 2015).
- Interviews in Sidewalk Salon Cairo by Manar Moursi & David Puig (2015).
- Introduction by Atef Abu Saif in The Book of Gaza (Comma Press, 2014).
- Work forthcoming in Don't Panic I'm Islamic (Saqi, 2017).
- Exquisite Corpse by Chakib Daoud, Slice Magazine (Issue #20: Corporeal, Spring/Summer 2017).
- Scenes from the Life of an Autocrat by Basma Abdel Aziz, World Literature Today (March 2017).
- Memories of Another Mosul by Mahmoud Saeed, The New York Times (November 2016).
- 8 Minutes by Mohamed Salah, The Offing (November 2016).
- On Writing The Queue by Basma Abdel Aziz, For Books' Sake (June 2016).
- She, You, and I by Elham Mansour, Words Without Borders (June 2016).
- Ba'ath Party Bones, Jutting Out of My Foot by Rana Zeid, co-translation with Alice Guthrie, Al-Jumhuriya (May 2016).
- The Hush Void by Muhammad Khudayyir, The Common (April 2016).
- Stop Shehata: The Story of An Egyptian Judge by anonymous Egyptian cartoonists, PEN Illustrated (February 2016).
- January 25th: from a Revolution, to a Conspiracy, to a Forbidden Call by Basma Abdel Aziz, PEN Atlas (January 2016).
- The Dump by Chakib Daoud, co-translation with Nariman Youssef, Words Without Borders (January 2016).
- The Queue by Basma Abdel Aziz, Words Without Borders (January 2016). Excerpt.
- Apple by Omar Hazek, Index on Censorship Magazine (December 2015).
- Mazen Darwish is Imprisoned in Syria for Speaking a Language of Freedom by Yara Bader, the Guardian (25 March 2015).
- No Knives in the Kitchens of This City by Khaled Khalifa, And Other Stories Winter 2015 Arabic Reading Group. Excerpt.
- Between Enchantment and Delirium by Manal Nahas, Portal 9 (Issue #4: Forest, Autumn 2014).
- Tales from Book of the Palm in Bassoura by Mohammed Khudayyir, Portal 9 (Issue #4: Forest, Autumn 2014).
- Natural Succession in the Aftermath by Joseph Al-Hage, Portal 9 (Issue #4: Forest, Autumn 2014).
- Once upon an Eid under the Pines by Abdel Rahman Ayyas, Portal 9 (Issue #4: Forest, Autumn 2014).
- Editorial by Fadi Tofeili, Portal 9 (Issue #4: Forest, Autumn 2014).
- I Hope Not to See by Rana Mortaja on the Comma Press blog (September 2014).
- Diaries of Oasis Prison by Sonallah Ibrahim, Banipal (Issue 50: Prison Writing, July 2014). Excerpts.
- A Path for the Young by Ibrahim Aslan, Banipal (Issue 49: A Cornucopia of Short Stories, April 2014).
- The Apartment in Bab el-Louk by Donia Maher and illustrated by Ganzeer, Words Without Borders (International Graphic Novels: Volume VIII, February 2014). Excerpt.
- The Shell, a memoir by Mustafa Khalifa, Asymptote (January 2014). Excerpt.
- Slice of Family News by Ibrahim Aslan, Jadaliyya (August 2013).
- A Glance by Yusuf Idris, Jadaliyya (July 2013).